It is with great excitement that Rebuild Dominica Inc shares the following update. On Thursday, November 16th, Mr. Gabriel Christian, President of Rebuild Dominica was invited to visit ATAS Roofing Corp in Allentown PA. The visit was a tremendous success!
Wrapping up the meeting, Mr. Christian reported the visit ended on a positive note and ATAS has a high desire to partner with Rebuild Dominica Inc.
Stewart Paris added much insight due to his technical expertise. The following points were raised and addressed:
- Education in roofing science to be provided on-island to builders and home owners in Dominica.
- Best practices for construction were suggested and will be taught to builders and contractors.
- Creation of workforce development by industrial process was encouraged.
- The immediacy of needs that can be met by ATAS were discussed and will be presented.
- A more inclusive model for resiliency of Dominica’s housing stock, the risk of corrosion by sea blast, and other climatology issues were considered.
Rebuild Dominica Inc will report on the above approaches and present more details in the coming weeks. On behalf of Dominicans both at home and in the diaspora, Rebuild Dominica Inc is grateful for the ATAS for the offer of partnership.